SAIC is seeking a Cloud Engineer to support our Managed Services efforts. This remote worker position will provide cloud-centric technical leadership of a team responsible for the design, implementation, and management of compute solutions, applications and services, including deployment and management of solutions across AWS and Azure cloud infrastructures.
The individual will work with both linux and windows administrators and serve as a subject matter expert for diverse projects spanning multiple teams to support Managed Service’s product development teams and customer service delivery.
This position requires a well seasoned individual with hands-on experience designing and maintaining IT infrastructure in both Azure and AWS and who can work with solutions architects, networking and security teams, and other project stakeholders.
The IT managed service (ITMS) team provides excellent opportunities for career growth, training and educational opportunities, and experience in an expanding ITMS operation.
- Working as a senior member of the Linux and Windows systems administration teams, networking, and security in supporting the projects deployed at multiple on-premises facilities and in cloud environments. This includes designing and deploying both Linux and Windows based solutions.
- Provide cross-team deployment and administrative support for services including systems integration.
- Create and extend system configuration and automation tools – knowledge of Puppet and/or Ansible is required (Puppet preferred). Knowledge and experience in automating deployments to both Azure and AWS, including GovCloud deployments.
- Participation in all security processes, including security patching and auditing, security remediation, and disaster recovery operations.
- Identify, experiment with, and adapt technologies that can better serve the customer and ITMS’ goals.
- Participation in day-to-day process and service optimization, issue discovery and remediation, along with membership in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Project analysis, requirements gathering, analysis of alternatives, testing, and deployment.
- Author, collaborate on, and maintain project, systems, services, and process documentation.
Education: Bachelors and 5+ years of experience; Masters and 3+ years of experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years' experience as a Linux systems administrator, Red Hat-based distributions preferred and a similar familiarity with Microsoft operating systems.
- 4+ years' experience working in a team-centric cloud environment.
- Firm knowledge of configuration management in tools such as Puppet.
- Practical experience in Bash and additional scripting language such as Python and Powershell.
- Established understanding of DevOps principles and tools.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- RHCSA and/or RHCE
- DevOps Foundations
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate
- Azure Certified: Administrator Associate
- Azure Certified Solutions Architect
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.