SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA.
NOTE: This position is partially remote with the ability to work from home 3-4 days a week with 1-2 days on site in Crane, IN. Once COVID restrictions have been lifted the position will be onsite.
Day-to-day tasks are contingent on related experience and assigned role, and may include the following:
- Candidate will document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Debug and reverse engineer software
- Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslog’s, boot logs and dmesg logs
- Program and debug Web 2.0, Java, Perl, Ada, C++, Tool Command Language (tcl/tk) scripts and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using Microsoft Visual tcl and Rational ClearCase for software configuration management
- Understand how to implement NSA approved encryption technologies and devices
- Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
- Assess system compliance against NIST, DoD, and NAVSEA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and NAVSEA security requirements
- Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
- Coordinate with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
- Conduct regular vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks
- Submit weekly reports to leadership regarding system/program status
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Additional (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Candidate must have five (5) years of full-time professional experience in Network Engineering executing activities such as the design, implementation, installation, configuration, maintenance, and integration, and analysis of local or enterprise wireless and wired computer networks, to include the selection and configuration of networking devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Four (4) years of full-time professional experience in Network Security to include the design, implementation, configuration, and enforcement of security controls on network, hardware, and software components and devices.
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to A&A activities
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Actively participate in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
- Attend and participate in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
- Understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for either Land Based and afloat/tactical systems, and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.