SAIC is currently hiring a Principal Systems Engineer (GEOINT / DCGS-A) at INSCOM.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site Ft Belvoir, VA.
- Support the modernization and integration of Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and Distributed Common Ground System-Army (DCGS-A) mission applications and infrustructure components fielded to the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Units stationed worldwide.
- Maintain responsibility for assesement and estimation of development, test, and deployment of products and systems in the DCGS-A family of systems.
- Work closely with the customer, and senior leadership within programs and other systems engineering and development to understand customer requirements and develop solutions from concept to delivery (Fielded deployment).
- Comprehend customer objectives, CONOPS, and requirements and translate those requirements into executable development plans.
- Responsible for overseeing systems implementation and ensuring customer requirements are met in a technical project management role.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years of experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly (Clearance must be listed and active in JPAS).
- Previous experience with GEOINT
- Previous experience with DCGS-A program
- Experience with working with the Intelligence Community
- Experience with one or more of teh following: system development, software development, hardware development or mission support
- Experience with evaluating engineering proposals and ROMs
- Knowledge of some or all of the following: data architecture, data dissemination, and information security planning
- Experience in intelligence and imagery analysis
- Ability to work at the conceptual level and with program leads, customers and internal teams to ensure successful system development, integration, and deployment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaboration skills for working with senior leadership and external customers.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.