SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator supporting our Joint Staff J6 government customer. The ideal candidate will have experience on a Joint, Service or combatant command operational staff providing design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for physical and virtual information systems and web-based applications
This position is at the Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA. The position supports the JS J6 Deputy Director for Cyber, and Command, Control, Communications and Computers Integration (DD C5I) in the Cyber, Engineering and Operations Division. Work would be on-site at the Suffolk, VA location. Travel would be approximately 10% supporting exercises and assessments.
- Implement and manage Microsoft operating systems, services, applications, and roles in a VMWare ESXi virtual environment.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and federate Windows Services.
- Deploy system updates and patches, to both connected and isolated networks, utilizing Microsoft Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
- Conduct daily system maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain project infrastructures and systems in a ready-to-use state.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts from and accredited college or university in Computer Science, Communications Technology, or another technically related field and five (5) years of experience working in the C2 technical communications and telecommunications field. Masters Degree and three (3) years of related experience
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating environment certifications)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret
- Experience implementing Windows-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in a DoD environment
- Experience deploying and configuring Microsoft SQL in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG checklists; installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of web applications and applications that leverage SQL database services.
- Experience with NetApp Filer experience, general Storage Area Network technology, Brocade SAN fibre channel fabric switch configuration, or equivalent SAN fabric switch technology.
- Experience deploying and configuring XMPP chat server and clients (Open Fire, Jabber, etc.).
- Experience implementing Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.