SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to perform various IT services including software installation and network configuration located in Norfolk, VA.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform functional tests of network and server systems, software installations, system upgrades, hardware/cable changes, and component configuration in both lab facility and shipboard environments.
- Integrate hosted and connected systems.
- Document all system/drawing discrepancies.
- Provide root cause analysis and propose permanent baseline configuration changes.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional weekend and off hour support.
- Generate daily technical status, travel, and after action reports.
- Report and escalate issues, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product team and pre-installation project planning meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or engineering and four (4) years’ experience; OR eight (8) years of hands-on experience.
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Current Security +, CASP, or CISSP certification - or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date
- Strong technical troubleshooting background
- Experience with CISCO routers and switches OR Windows/Linux server administration
- Effective communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a high-paced, dynamic work environment and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.