The THAAD Trainers Devices Program is looking to fill a position for a Software Test Engineer to join the Test Team in Huntsville, AL. The Software Test Engineer will provide testing support for the software configuration items for THAAD Trainers Devices programs. This position will support all stages of development and formal testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute test cases and procedures
- Perform, plan and support tasks related to testing
- Testing from an end user perspective, i.e. verifying and validating the software works as intended.
- Participating in the Agile Development Process (SCRUM) and the daily and weekly meetings required to forecast upcoming tasks.
- Participating and contributing to document peer reviews.
- Conducting Dry Runs, Regression, and Formal Qualification Testing.
- Document issues or anomalies and report them to other functional teams as necessary
- Support needs of other functional teams or customer needs
- Collaborate with Software Developers, System Engineers and Section Leads
- Knowledge and experience with THAAD Systems
- Knowledge of Software Development Cycle and development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Required to obtain Active Secret Security Clearance, can start with Interim Secret.
Education: BS in software, engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
Travel: Less than 5%
Work will be performed at the customer site (Redstone Arsenal)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.