At SAIC, we’re not just another company that solves problems. No, we’re a company that never stops reaching. Never stops pushing beyond our limits. To rethink engineering in a digital world, we reached. To redefine space training through virtual reality, we reached. To redesign new combat vehicles for our troops, we reached.
And what’s the one thing we haven’t reached? Our limits.
From the digital space to outer space and everything between, to build a piece of tomorrow, today. No reach is too far.
Bring on tomorrow.
Seeking motivated, adaptable and flexible Service Desk Agents to work in a team environment that demonstrates the ability to support and produce quality results for the Marathon Petroleum Company Service Desk, located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Our Service Desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology issues and requests from MPC employees and contractors, and supports corporate users at every skill level and background via telephone, email, Web chat, and direct ticket submission.
- Candidates must be flexible to work any 8-hour shift within our hours of operation, generally from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM with reduced staffing on weekends and major holidays.
- This position has five-day, 40-hour work week.
- We are seeking candidates who live in or around the Oak Ridge area in East Tennessee.
- Teleworking capability is also required, to assure coverage in cases of inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED required, and at least one year call center or help desk experience or equivalent technical ability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computer use and solid understanding of basic IT concepts.
- Proficiency using and supporting common corporate software, including Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007 and later (Word, Excel, Outlook email, etc.), networking and remote access, and antivirus software.
- Ability to perform first-line troubleshooting for corporate end users, including answering how-to questions, providing system and network status, and supporting a wide variety of proprietary and off-the-shelf applications and computing platforms.
- Must be able to communicate moderately complex technical information, ideas, and results effectively in both oral and written form. Ability to handle majority of requests without additional assistance, following established procedures and using available knowledge base and help tools provided to follow issue through to a proper resolution.
- Excellent customer service and team skills.
- Ability to document work you do clearly and accurately in electronic ticketing system.
- Perform of additional routine duties as assigned. Teleworking capability required (must have home work space, high-speed Internet, and compatible Windows computer).
- Microsoft Active Directory and DFS experience, Microsoft Exchange Server-based email using Outlook, knowledge of help desk software and tools, mobile device support, VPN/remote connectivity support, technical writing, Visual Basic scripting, Web-based application support and development.
- In addition to the qualifications listed, an Associate’s degree in IT-related field and 1-2 years of help desk experience supporting personal computer hardware and software is preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.