SAIC has an immediate need for a mid to senior level Electrical Maintenance and Calibration Technician in Middletown, RI.
The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of electrical & mechanical engineers and technicians to support the electrical maintenance, calibration, configuration, and testing of an advanced Naval Test Facility. The Propulsion Test Facility (PTF) specializes in the test and characterization of torpedo mechanical systems including propulsion, combustion, and fluid pump and control systems. The candidate will become an expert in all of the electrical measurement and control systems within the facility including National Instruments based data acquisition and control systems, thermal, pressure, and flow sensors, motorized valve and control systems, and PID control systems. This position offers growth opportunity as an electrical technician at an industrial/engineering/testing site.
The candidate must be self-motivated, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers. The ideal candidate will bring analytical thinking, strong troubleshooting abilities, and the propensity to learn and become a subject matter expert on the PTF electrical systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some technical training such as an associate’s degree or completion of a certificate program in a technical or engineering discipline is desired, but not required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with panel building, troubleshooting, and electrical maintenance or repair.
- Experience troubleshooting AC and DC voltages, relays, and sensors.
- Installation and testing of electrical circuits, sensors, and measurement systems
- Proficient soldering skills (throughhole, solder-cup connectors)
- Proficient workmanship habits (Neatly routing, terminating and dressing wire harness, cables, and facility wiring).
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/system schematics and assembly drawings including switches, relays, sensors, power supplies, and industrial equipment.
- Computer skills including basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word in order to document work and read wire lists.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion
- Must effectively communicate with team and customers, both verbally and through E-Mail.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial or electrical equipment
- Familiarity with electrical test and calibration and measurement equipment to inject and measure voltage, amperage, impedance, and verify continuity.
- Performing sensor calibrations using function generators, dead weight testers and other calibration sources.
- Ability to assist in updating electrical schematics and assembly drawings when required to document as-built configurations or propose changes.
- IPC/WHMAA-620 Acceptance for Cables and Wire Harness Assemblies
- JSTD-001 Solder Certification
- Must be able to obtain up to the level of Secret Clearance