SAIC is seeking an EO/IR Research Engineer to support our operations at Eglin AFB, FL.
SAIC applies cutting edge science and technology, high performance computing resources and advanced laboratory technology to the problem of developing and testing advanced multi-spectral seeker systems and components for the United States Air Force (USAF). The successful applicant will play a key role in laboratory testing, including test design, development, construction, setup, test data collection and post test data analysis of advanced IR sensor concepts and components.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating with the concept team on understanding the operational principles and modes of the unit under test and applying that knowledge to the construction of appropriate test hardware.
- The successful applicant will support laboratory test, including setup, debugging, operation and documentation.
- The successful applicant will be involved in the set up and testing of IR projector technology including subsystems and components.
- The successful applicant will need to be able to work effectively both within a team and individually.
- The successful applicant ideally has experience in many of the following areas; optical components, optical test station alignment, data collection and analysis, experience using visible or IR cameras, precision voltmeters, oscilloscopes and other test equipment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or physicsplus five (5) years of experience
- Master’s degree plus three (3) years of experience, or
- Experience with programming tools such as MATLAB or Python is desired, C++ would also be acceptable for an applicant willing to learn MATLAB and/or Python. Coding experience in the area of image processing desirable.
- General knowledge of optics along with lab experience with optics, collimators and visible or IR cameras desirable.
- Experience using and writing code to externally control electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, precision voltmeters desirabl
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance.