SAIC is looking for a Laser Systems Engineer to support the High Energy Lasers (HEL) Lab for UAS defeat application and tactical fielded systems onsite in Huntsville, Alabama.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years in Physics, Optics or related scientific/technical discipline; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Expert for electro-optical and related systems and subsystems, including: lasers, beam control systems, optics, and imaging sensors
- Design and build optical and electro-optical test setups
- Develop and document laser system safety, build, test and operational procedures
- Support integration, characterization, and testing of high-power laser systems
- Knowledge of general laser principles including fiber and diode-pumped solid state lasers
- Understanding of the interplay of structural, optical and thermal design features on system performance
- Understanding of risks, challenges and mitigation approaches associated with effective laser beam propagation in tactical environments
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance and maintain a Secret Security Clearance