SAIC is seeking a Joint Synthetic Environment Planner/Engineer for Civil Military Programs. The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical/operational support in the areas of joint modeling and simulation (M&S), Joint Live Virtual Constructive (JLVC) Solutions, exercise design, event technical architectures, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution.
- In support of the USINDOPACOM J321 Lead Planner, coordinates across operational planners, technical planners and engineers, simulation center experts, range experts, and Service representatives to identify requirements for joint simulations in support of Field Training Exercises and other exercises/events, as identified. Leads sub-working groups, virtual collaboration forums, and drafts Joint M&S working group products, plan of action and milestones (POA&Ms), identifies issues and resolution, gaps and capability shortfalls, and designs joint architecture and JLVC solutions to meet event objectives and advance USINDOAPCOM Joint Exercise Program. Additionally, archives event information to build concepts and capabilities across multiple exercises, and assist USINDOPACOM J32 leadership document and advance next generation architecture and systems solutions.
- Responsible to build, maintain, and operate JLVC and C4I systems and architectures, in coordination with other stakeholders, to plan and execute FTXs and other events and training activities, as identified. Performs duties as part of Simulation/Technical Control Cell during test events and execution.
- Must understand Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) and be able to translate operational requirements into JLVC capabilities, working with operators and technicians to achieve organizational and event goals. Assist with event scenario development and associated activities to add value and/or enhance current exercises with JLVC solutions and/or new technologies.
- Team work: builds event plans, products, and works well with others to accomplish exercise or training event objectives. Shares best practices, expertise and SOPs, and builds team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges, conflicts, and problems. Leads efforts and is a positive force within the J32 and event support environment.
- Leadership: Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution), facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, synthetic environment requirements, and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Customer focused: Engaging stakeholders, planners, and SMEs in all phases of the JELC. Professional, addresses questions, problems, and issues in a timely manner, while keeping the team and leadership informed of the situation and any insights learned.
- Execution Tasks and Roles: Builds set up and execution plans, SOPs, presentations, diagrams, technical documentation, floor plans, and training materials. Provides updates and archives, as appropriate.
- Identifies equipment required, hardware specs, software required, and builds architecture to deliver JLVC capabilities and Joint Enablers in a distributed, multi-facility/range environment to meet USINDOPACOM JEP goals and objectives.
- Builds and/or operates simulation and C4I systems for use during exercises and technical events, as required.
- Performs systems admin functions and network monitoring for JLVC and/or C4I capabilities within the Simulation / Tech Control within the Exercise Control Group Operations, as required.
- Fully tests and documents technical solutions during set up, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX.
- Coordinates and establishes proper connections between JLVC systems and C4I systems, collaborates with other SMEs to document and provide all information required for configurations, network, and proper operations across the ECG and Training Audience SMEs.
- Regularly engages COP Managers, Training Audience LNOs, JLVC Operators, Sim Tech Control, J323, J324, COP community, and other range and sim site engineers to get status on operations, identify issues, and resolve problems.
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each joint event life cycle.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in addition to 15 years of experience relevant to joint exercise planning or Master’s degree and 13 years’ experience. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Former Military Officer, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer or Senior DOD Civilian.
- Top Secret clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Previous service and experience in the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility in a 2-star or above headquarters.
- Prior service and experience supporting the USINDOPACOM Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC).