SAIC is looking for a OSINT Collector with Korean language capabilities along with extensive background in INDO-PACOM Area of Responsibility(AOR) to working with a diverse team of collectors, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies. This position will require interaction with a wide variety of Government and contractor personnel – ability to operate in a diverse, evolving, and high profile environment is key. This position will be at Ft. Gordon in GA.
- Responsible for OSITN Collection activities, reporting and product development
- Responsible for Daily Korean language and cultural expertise, operating in a virtual environment; primarily using mix of Korean and English in-language reading and writing skills
- Navigates social media, open source and relevant forums/websites in Korean
- Utilizes language, cultural, and historical knowledge to combat international events within relevant functional area.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills with the ability to effectively use internet search tools, and advanced research methods
- Identifies and reports potential targets and trends
- Assists intelligence and analysis operations
- Produces incident, threat, and information report
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience - additional 4 years’ experience accepted in lieu of degree
Native Korean Language capabilities or Graduate of Defense language Institute (DLI) with language skills 3/3+ with Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) with in the last year
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Top Secret SCI Clearance.
Desired Certifications & Skills:
- Working knowledge of popular, legacy, and new social media, forums, messaging services, blog sites, and mobile applications
- Knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang, and have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment
- Minimum DLPT 3/3 or Equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Korean
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the US military or US intelligence community. Experience with Special Forces preferred.
- Preparing Information Reports with excellent writing and briefing skills (in English)
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and ongoing projects while ensuring compliance with applicable policies, and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Willing to work outside normal business hours
- Former Military linguistic experience (35P, 09L, 1N3, 2671, 2712, 2799, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of military operations, terminology, and structure
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.