SAIC is seeking a FOSI/SGML Specialist to join the Publication Services team in Huntsville, Alabama.
This position is responsible for converting existing data into readable electronic documents, and text editing using Army file standards (DTD’s, MIL_STDs, AR’s etc.) for technical manuals. The ideal candidate will manage conversions of data content and its support files to desired formats including XML and SGML.
- Coding (tagging files in XML and SGML) to create files using the Army file standards (DTDs, MIL_STDs, ARs, etc.) for Technical Manuals
- Comply with various Live DTDs to properly tag XML/SHML files in a plain ASCII text editor
- Test and analyze converted XML/SGML files against source deliverable to locate any discrepancies; resolve technical issues with complex and/or problematic files
- Use existing macros and regular expression scripting in plain ASCII text editor to convert the content from PDF deliverable into XML/SGML ensuring compliancy with the required Military Standards
High School and two (2) years related experience
- Experience in converting data to electronic documents that comply with Military Standards
- Experience with SGML, XML and/or HTML
- Experience using text editing software such as SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, UltraEdit and/or ArborText
- Experience with XSL-FO and XSLT
- Experience troubleshooting existing FOSI
Interim Secret security clearance required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance; US Citizenship required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.