This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current Top Secret security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the integration and deployment of a thin client management system and the associated thin client operating system configuration. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program.
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
- Integrate and deploy existing thin client management system based on HP Device manager
- Configure and manage thin client images based on HP Thin Pro
- Research, integrate, and deploy a thin client management system and associated thin client OS to replace HP Device Manager and HP Thin Pro
- Assist with Linux system administration
- Coordinate integration and deployment of thin clients with existing Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure selected products meet established specifications.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Linux system administration (RHEL 7.X)
- Windows system administration (Windows 10, Windows embedded)
- Thin client and client management systems (HPDM, Stratodesk, Dell Wyse, etc)
- Thin Client or Desktop image creation (Ghost, WDS, etc)
- Must hold an active Top Secret clearance.
Desired Education, Certifications, & Skills
- Familiarity with Citrix 7.X
- Strong scripting skills
- MCSE Certification
- RHEL Certification
- Familiarity with Ansible
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate.