SAIC is seeking a Java Software Manager to support a DoD program.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Perform administrative duties as the direct supervisor of eight (8) team members
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Provide guidelines, best practices, and technical direction to domain architects, software developers, system administrators, and information assurance personnel
- Advise, collaborate, and guide engineering business processes, application architecture, and infrastructure development
- Operate across external and internal organizational groups to drive standardization of common approaches and best practices
- Design, develop, and maintain new software and system development roadmaps in support of new features
- Lead the system technical design efforts and define epic and user story breakdown
- Document procedures, maintain program documentation, and other documentation as required
- Package new software, virtual machines, and release artifacts for software release deliveries
- Organize and direct deployment of new systems and software within a hybrid cloud / on-premise environment and workflow
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; OR Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience
- Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- 5 years in IT Engineering Management leadership experience managing engineering teams
- Java language, development environment, and tools experience
- Agile environment experience
- Strong experience in communicating and documenting system requirements, architecture, and design to project stakeholders, developers, testers, and end users
- Possess strong analytical skills and have good interpersonal and communications skills in dealing with multiple contractor and government organizations
- Strong experience in top-down architecture analysis and object-oriented design of complex distributed systems creating functional cohesion, loose coupling, and well-defined interfaces
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.