SAIC is seeking an experienced, motivated, career and customer-service oriented Help Desk Analyst to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC in Los Alamos, NM
- The qualified applicant will provide Tier II help desk support to users unable to resolve tech issues that exceed Tier 1 level support.
- The candidate must provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity. Coordinate customer and support issues to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and productivity ensuring a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Consults with users to determine if existing hardware/software meets specifications required to support functionality for system effectiveness given the existing network environment.
- Recommends and oversees the installation of required hardware/software upgrades necessary to restore or enhance user system functionality.
- Engages in testing and modification of user systems in support of eventual recommendation and implementation for hardware or software updates.
- As necessary, simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Creates documentation in support of the maintenance of a document library of completed deliverables. These will be maintained to track performance metrics and log actions taken to address user/interoperability issues that impact client operations.
- Responsible for updating documentation across the team and utilizing operationally derived knowledge from actual cases resolved.
- Creates and maintains documentation specific to the analysis of user equipment configuration for the project; submits regular documentation covering required configurations and impact to network and user functionality due to lack thereof.
- Consults with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development in the restoration of services or to identify and correct core problems.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Network or Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Computer Engineering and two (2) years' experience or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in Information Technology service delivery
- A+ certification or higher
- Must be US Citizen and eligible to obtain a Top Secret
- HDI or ITIL certifications
- Active Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.