SAIC is seeking a Training Analyst to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives.
- Assignments may include needs analysis, custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content.
- May create course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed. Trainers may also administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience in IT, Business, HR or finance; Masters and four (4) years or more related experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Working knowledge of corporate training techniques.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment comprised of stakeholders, business analysts, system administrators and engineers.
- Experience developing project plans and schedules and briefing senior government customers.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, and Excel.
- Must hold an interim secret clearance to start with eligibility to obtain a secret clearance.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Previous teaching or training experience.
- Familiarity with US government network environments and policies (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures).
- ITIL Foundation certification