SAIC is seeking a qualified Technical Writer/Data Collection Administrator to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance.
The primary responsibly of position is to lead the data organization and technical writing efforts necessary to produce a series of Training System Requirements Analysis reports. The work location is Orlando, FL; telework options are available.
The Technical Writer / Data Collection Administrator will:
- Collaborate with instructional systems developers to provide technical reports that provide summaries of training analysis efforts; must be able to follow prescribed formats as directed by the customer
- Manage the collection of training analysis data, ensuring all members of the team have the information when needed in order to conduct analysis efforts
- Coordinate the writing activities conducted by analysts or subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Collaborate with SMEs to ensure report content is technically accurate.
The following skills are required:
- Ability to work with diverse team of training analysts and subject matter experts in a collaborative, agile manner is necessary
- Experience managing digital information to support collaboration and maintaining version control is essential
- Prior experience producing documents for the Air Force preferred
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Candidates must possess a Secret scurity clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.