JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is looking for a Systems Administrator to provide support to a Naval Undersea Warfare Center contract locted in Newport RI. Candidate will interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Candidates will strive to provide top notch support with a focus on prompt repairs to improve the overall uptime of networks.
Candidate will at times be required to:
- Make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations to determine root cause analysis.
- Analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling and conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Have a complete understanding and wide application of associated technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. - Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
BS and 2 years of experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Win 7, Win 10)
- Virtual Machines Server & Clients
- HyperVisor software
- LAN Management Enterprise E-mail and Web applications
- Application Loading/Installing and tailoring of Software OS and Application Testing, including test documentation and actual testing Knowledge of cyber / IA STIGs and controls