Description Job Decription: SAIC is hiring a Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support the Army PEO Aviation project office. In this role you will be working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contractors and teaming partners and must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable, flexible, and also have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written/presentation communication skills.
- In this role you will be supporting, leading, and collaborating with other PEOs, contractors, and customers to derive, define, and capture system architectures.
- Supporting interface coordination/definition, and synchronizing integration/test schedules.
- Leading/supporting multiple Integrated Product Team (IPT) technical working group meetings.
- Collaborating with the external customer, OEMs, and other stakeholders.
Qualifications Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
Desired skils and experience:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, or related discilpine.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- System Interface Definition Experience 9+ years
- System Integration/Test Experience 9+ years
- Prior Army Aviation Systems Experience
- Agile/SCRUM Development Methodology Experience
- Modeling/Simulation Experience
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desired, using tools like MagicDraw, Cameo, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Shadow UAS, Gray Eagle UAS, Apache, Black Hawk, Chinook Platforms Experience
- MagicDraw Experience
- DevSecOps Experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) background/experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.