The Software Engineer (Cyber) will provide support to the Aircraft Launch and Recovery Equipment (ALRE) programs at NAVAIR Lakehurst, NJ. The Software Engineer will
- Develop software and executing software test cases and procedures.
- Develop test scenarios for non-obvious testing of software
- Use automated testing tools for software development and testing.
- Develop software test plan documents.
- Document software test execution results and compiling test reports.
- Plan and execute software regression testing.
- Develop and maintaining software requirements traceability matrices.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience performing the software development and testing functions listed above. It is preferred that at least 1 year of this experience be on DoD systems
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field is required
- Comptia Security+ certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 3 months of hire)
- Comptia Windows or Linux certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 3 months or hire)
- Must have an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with DoD and DoN Cyber Security policies and standards.
- Experience with implementation and assessment of system/software risk and Cyber vulnerabilities through the Risk Management Framework
- Develop Cyber Security/Information Assurance strategies.
- Define connectivity and interface requirements in compliance with Cyber Security/Information Assurance strategies and Policy
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experienced in the development of software and software test plans/cases/procedures.
- Strong analytical skills in software development, troubleshooting, software testing methods and techniques, with a focus on test automation.
- Familiarity with the planning and execution of functional and integration test scripts.
- Experienced with architecting and developing system testing, configuration testing integration and deployment of Windows, and Linux platforms in complex network configurations.
- Experienced in software development using Java, C++, C#, HTML, and or similar development languages.
- Experienced in the recording of test results and producing software test reports.
- Experienced in the development of requirements traceability matrices from a system level down to the software level.
- Experienced with planning and performing regression testing on software applications.
- Experienced using a requirements management and control tool such as DOORS
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Experience with one or more automated testing tools such as Rational Functional Tester, Visual Studio Test Professional, or HP Sprinter.
- Linux, networking, virtualization
- Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.