SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Defense & Civilian Sector in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Enterprise Wireless Program, responsible for the successful implementation of the FAA’s secure wireless solution across the enterprise. In this role you will provide configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting expertise of Wireless Access Points (WAP) and Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS) across Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facilities.
Travel estimate for this position is 75% of the time, but additional travel may be required to meet customer requirements.
- Support, troubleshoot, and install wireless and related technologies.
- Deploy network and wireless configurations.
- Conduct site survey’s to include wireless RF coverage assessments and physical location of equipment.
- Install, rearrange, maintain, and remove customer premise wiring/cable and facilities
- Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
- Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of Wireless equipment – deployment through exchange/disposal.
- Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
- Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer and Information Technology Services and seven (7) years or more experience or High School and 15 years of experience.
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to starting work.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Real-world experience of deploying and troubleshooting wireless products and solutions.
- Technical Certification(s)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.