The Service Desk (SD) Manager shall provide support for a national service desk supporting over 26,000 + end users. The SD Manager will manage the performance of Tier 0 through Tier 2 service desk agents and Field operations technicians ensuring compliance with established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Leveraging ITIL and HDI best practices, The SD Manager will have a solid technical background combined with exceptional customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate the team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position. Communication skills are a must as the SD manager will be required to interact with all areas of leadership to further refine, optimize, and transform the service desk.
- - Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents, and problems submitted through the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
- - Manage customer issues through the ITSM tiers 0, 1, and 2 lifecycles.
- - Train, coach, and mentor service desk agents including career development.
- - Manage and train resources to ensure quality and consistency of service to customers.
- - Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues
- - Operate as the single escalation point for all requests and incidents
- - Ensure escalation and information within the organization are communicated properly
- - Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- - Develop plan to ensure all Tier 1 obtain HDI Customer Service Representative cert
- - Develop plan to ensure all Tier 2 obtain HDI Desktop Advanced Support Technician cert
- - Provide data and reporting of KPIs and trends through weekly, monthly and ad-hoc as requested government reports.
- - Conduct a ticket deep dive and develop strategies for improvements for recurring incidents
- - Schedule all staff to ensure optimal coverage for every shift
- - Communicate status/issues with customers
- - Develop strategies/processes for improvement and or efficiencies
- - Monitor and manage phone queue - Monitors Knowledge Management repository
- - Review customer survey data and provide feedback
- Bachelor's degree with 8-12 years (or commensurate experience)
- Active/Current Top Secret security clearance Or Has held a Top Secret in the last Year.
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or Service Desk Institute (SDI) certifications
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification (ITIL v4 preferred)
- Experience with ITSM Service Desk, ServiceNow, Bomgar remote support tool
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.