SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support one of our Navy programs located in San Diego, CA.
• Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified above independently.
• May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
• Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities.
• Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results.
• Conduct technical requirements definition/allocation.
• Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Business Administration and 5 or more years of experience - additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
• Must currently obtain a Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
• Experience with SATCOM/Communications
• Experience with communications and computing architectures and associated documentation.
• Experience with leveraging Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) development practices and using CAD tools.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and data mining skills
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to learn and apply technical concepts to assigned duties.
• Ability to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of drawing conclusions to address business problems.