SAIC is seeking a Cable Fab Technician in North Charleston, SC to support a government client.
1025 Fite Street
North Charleston, SC 29405
- Perform cable fabrication work for multiple government projects.
- Review wire diagrams, schematics, and cable run sheets to verify correct build of cables. Assemble cables to specifications via cable run sheets and/or schematics; to include but not limited to multi-pin connectors and RF cables.
- Assemble cable harnesses and junction box assemblies; including MIL-SPEC cylindrical connectors, back shells, terminal boxes, and radio frequency (RF).
- Know how to work crimp tools, heat gun, and various electrical and mechanical tools.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, test and check all of the cables that are built and produced in the shop using TMDE (test, measure, and diagnostic equipment).
- Keep accurate inventories of all tools and materials on hand.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, and Engineering Technology. 0 years’ experience.
- Experience: None.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience: 3 years of practical experience, to include: laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Active DOD clearance accepted.
- Be able to safely complete all of the physical demands of the job in a warehouse environment, including but not limited to the following:
- Lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a regular basis.
- Walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for extended periods
- Walk distances of at least one-half mile daily.
- Repeatedly manipulating and handling objects needed for cable fabrication, including reaching, grasping, twisting, turning and operating equipment and tools.
- Move and arrange heavy cable supplies and electronic equipment.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.