JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a proactive, energetic, and experienced Area/Program Security Officer to operate in a complex security environment that involves compartmented programs, sub-compartmented information, and security policies. This dynamic environment requires knowledge and experience to address a wide array of challenging and unique security issues. As the work is unique and demanding, the daily application of good judgment, clear communication, critical thinking, and strong decision-making skills is held at a premium. The incumbent must be able to quickly evaluate a myriad of security factors and competing priorities before providing a resolution strategy or reasonable decision.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (4 years of relevant experience may substitute in lieu of degree) and 10+ years of related experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work a variety of tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, identify issues, and make sound and timely decisions.
- Must have Program Security Officer or Area Security Officer experience, or equivalent in more than one security discipline (Operational, Physical, Technical, Personnel, etc).
- Must have experience developing and implementing security policies.
- Must have experience working with compartmented programs and/or experience making classification decisions.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.