SAIC is seeking experienced professionals to join the National Security Group (NSG). NSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
NSG has an opening for a Space Protection Mission Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing next-generation ground systems, and corresponding hardware and software solutions.
The Space Protection Mission Engineer supports the SPO in the technical capability planning to acquire ground systems that advance the NRO’s space resiliency posture. The Space Protection Mission Engineer is an individual contributor and member of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that work to develop technical requirements and plans over time to acquire, integrate, test, and field systems to protect National Space assets. Specifically, the Space Protection Mission Engineer:
- Coordinates with domain SMEs to gather understanding of all of the mission needs, and systems and interfaces necessary to satisfy them
- Serves as the SPO representative technical expert in developing overall needs, capabilities and limitations, architectures, data and interfaces, and requirements that help develop ground system designs and plans
- Coordinates with other IC and DoD program offices to identify and solidify partnership opportunities
- Develops and present briefings for engineering review to guide the SPO through the engineering and acquisition trade spaces
- Represents the SPO as a technical SME in various Agency and Mission Partner coordination activities
- Supports product teams and developers to understand mission needs and solutions
Monitors the development of prototype demonstration systems and makes recommendations to the customer for the systems engineering of future operational systems to maximize mission capabilities in the shortest time
- Exceptional communication and coordination skills
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Ability to work is a fast-pace and dynamic work environment
- 2+ years supporting a space or ground system program office (SPO)
- Knowledge of IC and DoD space systems
- Experience in system engineering disciplines, especially requirements management, configuration management, readiness, and test
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Knowledge with NRO ground systems
- Familiarity with Agile Development to include participation in scrums, development of solution epics, lean business cases, program epics, user stories, and features
- Knowledge of space threats and protection systems
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.