SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our Electronic Attack and Electronic Warfare (AEA) engineering programs at Pt. Mugu, CA. These Engineers, Technologists, Analysts and subject matter experts will work on highly visible and mission critical aspects of the program. They will perform their duties independently and may oversee the efforts of less experienced staff, or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
The Systems Engineer:
- Performs tasks with little or no guidance.
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of engineering expertise.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, and design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects including requirements definition, analysis and engineering, validation and verification.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- May lead the execution of tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience; Masters and three (3) years of experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience with Electronic Warfare Aircraft and EW Systems.
- Experience with Operational and Technological ELINT.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.