SAIC is seeking a Senior Trainer / Training Developer with Operational Joint Fires experience, that is passionate about training military personnel on new equipment using creative methods. They will be working with our talented team to design, build and deploy next generation mobile applications for the United States Marine Corps. Specifically, the application that the candidate will support is a Program of Record Fire Control Application (FCA) to guide loitering / precision strike munitions. This position in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Develop, and support development of, training materials across a wide range of mediums to provide a diverse community of users with a working knowledge of the FCA throughout its development progression (from prototype to fieldable solution).
- Lead training events and checks on learning to ensure user proficiency to operate the FCA.
- Staff training materials through Marine Corps Systems Command for approval.
- Provide input on vendor-developed, application based, training products.
- Support the program office in coordinating resources, identifying required support personnel and developing schedules for training events.
- Support test events by operating the FCA and by providing operational and technical expertise to document system issues and recommend solutions or improvements.
- BS degree and 15+ years or more of relevant experience; four (4) years equivalent experince accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience in developing training materials and leading training events.
- Proficiency with Marine Corps fielded radios (117F, 117G and 152A) and setting up tactical communications networks.
- Experience with military maps/imagery and methods for obtaining geographic coordinates.
- Prior military experience in ground fire support or close air support.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environments.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with short term deadlines.
- Willingness to travel (50%-75%).
- Must possess an active SECRET security clearance.
- Proficiency with digital systems such as Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) or Strike Link.
- Basic operational knowledge and troubleshooting of Android based handheld devices.
- Experience with DI2E developer tools, especially JIRA and Zephyr.
- Familiarization with the Agile development process.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.