SAIC has an opportunity for a Safety and Health Manager (SHM) to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
The USACE RITS contract will provide modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the CONUS and OCONUS. Services will support the mission needs of USACE’s Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Accountable for health and safety performance
- Create and develop health and safety policies
- Implement and monitor health and safety policies
- Establish health and safety standards
- Establish health and safety goals
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out
- Ensure safe working procedures are implemented
- Develop a positive health and safety culture
- Conduct regular proactive safety inspections
- Provide guidance and advice to management
- Prioritise health and safety requirements
- Authorise health and safety expenses
- Ensure health and safety equipment (e.g. PPE) is provided and used
- Implement health and safety initiatives
- Assess competence
- Assess training requirements
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Respond to health and safety related complaints or issues
- Keep a focus on health and safety within the business
- Include health and safety in business discussions
- Provide feedback to senior management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and 14+ years or more experience; Masters and 12+ years or more experience
Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Security Clearance
The Safety and Health Manager (SHM) must meet the qualifications and fulfill the responsibilities stated below for all hazardous waste operations. The SHM, dependent upon the contaminant-related hazards on the project, shall be a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Health Physicist (CHP).
- The SHM shall have 3 years of experience managing SOH at hazardous waste site cleanup operations.
- Five (5) years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/ managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or
- Five (5) years of continuous general industry safety experience in supervising/ managing general industry (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or
- Has a Third-Party, Nationally Accredited (ANSI or National Commission for Certifying Agencies - NCCA) SOH-related certification, only 4 years of experience is needed.
At a minimum, must produce a copy of their instructor-signed OSHA 30-hour training card (or course completion if within 90 days of having completed the training and card has not yet been issued). They will have completed:
- (1) The 30-hour OSHA General Industry safety class (may be web-based training if the student is able to directly ask questions of the instructor by chat or phone) or
- (2) The 3-0hour OSHA Construction Industry safety class (may be web-based training if the student is able to directly ask questions of the instructor by chat/phone), or
- (3) As an equivalent, formal construction or industry safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30hour course and the EM 385-1-1 [see Appendix A, Paragraph 3.d.(3)] applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors - may be web-base training if the student is able to directly ask questions of the instructor by chat/phone).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.