SAIC is hiring an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Crane, Indiana in support of our Fleet Team!
NOTE: This position offers partial remote / virtual / work from home due to COVID-19. The work will be performed around 50% at the SAIC Office / home and 50% at Crane.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- High level EE with ability to read schematics and troubleshoot – specifically circuit cards.
- Must be able to communicate well – will be working directly with customer and vendors.
- Responsible for writing engineering investigation reports, obsolence research and reporting (analyze root cause analysis and troubleshooting – no design input.
- Initiate Class II ECPs.
- Participate and eventually run Failure Review Boards.
- Minimal travel – less than 10%
- Must have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Must be able to:
- Communicate well
- Work within a team to find solutions
- Document processes and provide expertise for customer feedback
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.