The Electronic Warfare (EW Systems Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer should have proven experience in developing innovative solutions that will be used to meet warfighter needs to support the US Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development. This position is located in the Oxnard, CA area.
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of engineering expertise.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, and design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems.
- Apply Systems Engineering knowledge to develop requirements, write specifications, and conduct research and trade studies to validate requirements to support large naval EW acquisition programs
- Be proactive and able to work on a collaborative team to expand the envelope of RF technology capabilities on US Navy airborne platforms
- Apply strong knowledge of RF/microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Use verbal and written communication to collaborate on requirements development teams and to present data and explain results to management and customers
- Familiar with EWIR and CED repositories.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Electronic Warfare (EW) experience and Radio Frequency (RF) experience.
- EA-6B or EA-18G Electronic Warfare experience.
- JATO Engineer Experience planning with ALQ-99 Tactical Jamming System.
- Highly experienced with Excel, Access, Word and Outlook
- Combined Emitter Database (CED) and Electronic Warfare Integrated Reprogramming Database (EWIR).
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent organization, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with MS SQL Server Management, Combined Emitter
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.