SAIC has an immediate need for a Configuration Management Analyst/Technical Writer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. At GSFC, the NICS team manages and supports NASA’s world-wide real-time mission critical network supporting NASA’s spacecraft operations.
- Manage a physical and electronic server library consisting of internal and external supporting documents, including but not limited to, Local Operating Procedures (LOP’s), Operational Directive Memorandums (ODM’s), Interface Control Document (ICD’s), Memorandums of Agreements (MOA’s), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s), Mission Operations Interface Documents (MOID’s) and Inter-Agency Agreements
- Provide technical writing support for document development and formal document review preparation, presentation development
- Provide CM and operations-related technical advisory to the Configuration Control Board (CCB)/Change Advisory Board process, including reports as required
- Provide CM related data and planning support to network management functions and operational support systems
- Develop and maintain project/task plans and schedules
- Internal Audit support
- Records Management and Retention
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of direct related experience. Additional related experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing project schedules
- Substantial knowledge of the capabilities of computer systems
- Collaboration skills to include obtaining information from contributors within short periods of time
- Must have substantial knowledge of the capabilities of computer systems and demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to juggle overlapping tasks and priorities, work independently or under general direction only
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Experience in developing process flow documents, operating procedures, and configuration diagrams
- Possess or ability to obtain Public Trust
Desired Certifications / Training:
Travel (if any):
- Ten percent (10%) or less travel
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.