SAIC is seeking a web developer to support our customer in the Discovery Services, Content Branch. You will work on a web application that allows customers to quickly submit metadata about internal and external products, service enabled data, tools, support, and/or valuable knowledge through a web interface for efficient exposure and discoverability across the community.
The succesful candidate will have strong AngularJS skills, understanding of Tanzu/PCF and DevOps, and experience with documentation of system and application configuration.
Duties may include:
- Create and maintain an automated workflow tool to facilitate the contribution, exposure and discovery of knowledge and resources.
- Create and maintain capabilities to expose the automated tool’s dataset(s) to other integrating capabilities. Ensure connectivity between application programming interfaces (APIs), both internal and external capabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to interpret and implement customer requirements.
- Maintain and track an Agile schedule in an appropriate project management capability (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Create and maintain user and administrative roles testing procedures and scripts for development and operational resources across all applicable domains..
- Maintain testing procedures, scripts and results for development and operational resources.
- Analyze, report and incorporate application test findings into pipeline backlog for necessary updates.
- Distribute and maintain code bases across all applicable domains.
- Ensure storage for all code in a central repository to include versioning history and back-ups.
- Coordinate resolution of issues for external systems, capabilities, or toolsets with the responsible external entity.
- Manage and adjudicate application feedback. Create and maintain user guides and provide user training as required..
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors and eleven years or more experience; Masters and nine (9) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and six (6) years or more experience.
- Demonstrated experience with back-end architecture and/or front-end, user experience design.
- Demonstrated experience with a cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (e.g.GITLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or maintaining configuration documentation for ongoing operation of resources.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience demonstrating cross-business maintenance/sustainment operations activity (e.g. outages, updates change requests, documentation, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in complex NGA/IC System Architecture).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience creating and maintaining user guides, training, and/or other user-based documentation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing briefing materials and facilitating live capability demonstrations for presentation to senior leadership, NSG, ASG, academia or private sector.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating code testing tools to identify vulnerabilities and security flaws (e.g. HP Fortify, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience researching, understanding and/or implementing General Services Administration (GSA) 18F/U.S. Web Design Standards Framework.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.