SAIC is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing a team of engineers who are responsible for successful delivery of infrastructure modernization and enhancement initiatives, in support of our IT contract with the federal Government.
- Leads, mentors, and directly manages a team of Azure Cloud, DevSecOps and system engineers in their delivery of technology solutions for our federal client.
- Provides expertise and guidance to the engineering team in the practice areas of our enterprise including Azure Cloud (IaaS, PaaS), Active Directory, Identity Management (SailPoint), ICAM, Power BI, Azure DevOps Server, networking and other standard data center and vulnerability management technologies.
- Partner with members of neighbor teams including operations, security and tools teams to drive our cloud migration and DevSecOps transformation efforts forward.
- Removes roadblocks to success and acts as an escalation point to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology and at least 8 years directly managing people.
- Demonstrated experience and technology certifications in the technologies of our enterprise preferred. These include, but are not limited to:
- Azure Cloud (IaaS, PaaS), Identity Management (SailPoint), ICAM, Power BI, Azure DevOps Server.
- Microsoft platforms and solutions, to include Active Directory DS, DNS, Certificate Authority, Windows Server.
- Linux based solutions, such as Oracle Enterprise Linux, containerization platforms.
- VMware enterprise solutions, including Site Recovery (SRM) and on-premises vCenter.
- Storage solutions, LUN management, and zoning.
- Backup solutions and policies for entire infrastructure, such as NetBackup.
- Network switches and routers, particularly Access layer.
- Exceptional communication skills and consensus building skills.
- Passion for helping people: our engineers, our team, and the client we support.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.