SAIC is seeking a qualified Non-Kinetic Operations SME candidate to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the 505 Combat Training Squadron (CTS) in Hurlburt Field, FL. The Non-Kinetics Operations SME will provide technical services to the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) community specifically related to Space and Cyber applications by:
- Provide engineering, operational, technical, consulting, program management, development, testing, integration, implementation, and operator/control support to modernize and execute space and cyber capabilities to support Global, COCOM, and Service Component exercises.
- Providing cyber and space subject matter expertise and white cell control support for the 505 CTS throughout the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) for each supported exercise, including BLUE FLAG, RED FLAG, VIRTUAL FLAG, CYBER FLAG, SPACE FLAG, WFX, MEFEX, PACIFIC SENTRY, AUSTERE CHALLENGE, TALISMAN SABRE, JUNIPER COBRA, VIGILANT SHIELD, and more.
- Planning, coordinating, and de-conflicting support throughout the JELC within the Air Force, other cyber services, space services, interagency, regional, and combatant commands as necessary.
- Working with coalition and NATO partners on releasable capabilities to support ally’s exercises.
- Assisting with providing Cyber and Space support to training objectives, scenario development, coordination, integration, and control within the 505 CTS and with higher commands and supported combatant commands.
- Participating throughout the JELC in exercise planning conferences and execution in order to support all these activities.
- Providing white cell controller operations and expertise, during execution, to ensure cyber and space integration into all necessary kinetic and non-kinetic domains. Initiate and maintain liaison and coordination with external agencies including USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, USSPACECOM, USAF, USSF, other service components, AFSPC, AFCYBER, and Space and Cyber units as necessary.
- Providing Program Management support for the modernization of space and cyber applications for the 505 CTS.
- Conducting capability integration, testing, and control of these capabilities for exercise support.
- Working with exercise audiences to also modernize their exercise capabilities to provide a realistic training environment in the execution of cyber and space operations.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience, or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Proven Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) of a Senior Analyst with five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Cyber Operations (Offensive Cyber Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations)
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Space Operations (Offensive Space Operations and Defensive Space Operations).
- Operational and exercise experience in both Cyber and Space Operations.
- Prior experience with USAF/Joint Non-Kinetic Operations and Exercise Planning.
- Program management experience desired with demonstrated experience with leading program teams, testing, and integration.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Space and Cyber capabilities.