SAIC is seeking a SQL Server DBA to join our team in support of work taking place at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY; while working from home. As a remote employee, the qualified candidate will provide SQL Server Database administration services for mission critical enterprise SQL Server database systems. This position is 100% Remote / Virtual / Work from Home.
- This individual will be a critical member of a team of DBA's providing database support and will be responsible for providing a variety of database administration services: SQL Server Administration, installation, configuration, tuning, data migration, upgrades, backup and recovery and clustering.
- Provide developer support, perform code reviews, DB queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, functions, tune and modify when needed.
- Pull Remedy tickets from the DBA queue and work tickets as needed.
- Ensure data integrity, availability, security and recovery at all times.
- Attend virtual meetings and maintain good communication with the customers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years’ experience with administration of MSSQL Server databases.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database issues (integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, and security).
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Query Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups and recovery methodologies. Experience with DDBoost(BoostFS) a plus.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience with of SSI packages and third-party tools such as New Relic a plus.
- SQL Development concepts regarding SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, and constraints). PowerShell and VBScript experience a plus.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience with Windows server and Active Directory.
- Experience with government required security readiness (STIGS) is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP ASE (Sybase) a plus.
- Experience as an application developer working with MS SQL, Oracle, or SAP ASE a plus.
- Clearance Requirement: Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Security+ certification is required prior to start date with SAIC.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.