SAIC is seeking an AV Engineer in the DC Metro/Northern Virginia area.
- Serves as an engineer specializing in audio and video hardware, software, networks, and systems.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs AV hardware and software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Supports activities throughout the lifecycle of the AV system (defining requirements, designing solutions, procurement of equipment, installing systems, operating systems in support of the end user, and high level troubleshooting of any system failures.)
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for AV system hardware, software and network architecture.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, of new AV systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Determines AV system user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems and meet users requirements; develops techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; and ensures standards are met.
- Develops, writes, and debugs programming code for control systems (AMX, Crestron, or similar).
- Conducts testing of AV systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of AV systems network, hardware, and software interconnection and interfacing, such as codecs, audio video switchers, AV control systems, AV devices (monitors, microphones, cameras, mixers, amplifiers, etc.), VTC gateways, VTC bridges, video streamers, etc.
- Communicates directly with senior customer leadership clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance and obtain/maintain a CI Polygraph
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; At least 5 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.