SAIC has a need for an Army Aviation Test Engineer to provide systems engineering support for the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) / Environment Exploitation System (EES) Modular Capabilities Demonstration (MCD) project in support of SAIC and the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) located in Huntsville, AL.
The AMCS / EES provides the functionality of the currently fielded Improved Data Modem (IDM) 401 Line Replaceable Unit (LRU). The AMCS / EES MCD project will provide a high level practical and operationally relevant demonstration of the AMCS/EES prototype in a laboratory environment with a focus on proving its capability to perform a subset of the delivered functionality.
- Produce Test documentation
- Provide support and recommendations to S3I customer to ensure that vendors meet the requirements as defined in their Statement of Work
- Support the integration and conduct of the IDM-401 LRU functionality demonstration
- Support Customer Working Group
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years of work experience
Clearance: Successful candidate must have an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance
- System engineering experience in a laboratory test environment, to include experience setting up demonstration architectures, defining and running Use Cases.
- Knowledge of Aviation systems such as IDM, BFT2, JBC-P, NW-A Tablet, KGV-72, AMPS and LOS radios such as ARC-201/ARC-231.
- Development of Test Plans, Procedures and Reports.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
Desired Skills / Working Knowledge:
- Working knowledge / experience with following standards/technologies:
- Hardware Open System Technology (HOST),
- Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACETM),
- Sensor Open System Architecture (SOSATM),
- Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA), and
- Open VITA industry standards.