SAIC is seeking a Senior Virtualization Engineer in Alexandria (Kingstowne), VA to support the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic.
Note: The role offers 2-3 days a week work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home with 1-2 days onsite at the customer.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and support an Enterprise Virtual Environment hosting over 2000 Virtual Machine
- Work as part of Virtualization Engineering team to convert requirements into solutions based on IT standards and usage guidelines.
- Develop plans for deploying and administering virtual machines, images and Virtual Apps
- Modify base guest images for deployment within a Virtual environment
- Configure and manage virtual guests using vCenter Orchestrator
- Troubleshoot and resolve ESXi and VDI issues by providing tier 2/3 incident ticket support
- Assist in managing the VMware NSX virtual networking and security environment
- Collaborate with various IT Teams to ensure best practices are followed and the appropriate support models are established prior to operational transition
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting VMWare vSphere, VMWare Virtual Desktop Products, NETAPP Storage Solutions, Teradici Management Software, and Microsoft Hyper-V. Experience must include VMWare vSphere 6.5 or later, VMWare Horizon 7.X or later, and Hyper-V on Microsoft Server 2016 or later
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting VMWare vROP and related Dashboards.
- Knowledge in conducting performance analysis for both the ESX host and their guests in the areas of CPU, Memory and I/O utilization.
- Demonstrated experience in a Systems Administration role (Microsoft, Linux and VMware)
- Experience working with SAN technologies, i.e., iSCSI, Fiber Channel and FCoIP
- Experience with VMWare Site Recovery Manager
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Dell VxRail
- Experience with Vmware VSAN
- Strong customer relations, documentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to define and articulate the “big picture” long-term vision for the associated technologies, and develop short term plans to achieve it
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources for complex problem resolution
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing major tasks by overall impact to the customer
- Self-Motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- A passion for learning about, and working in the IT industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5+ years equivalent work experience
- VCAP6.5-DCV Design – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization Design and/or VCDX6-DCV – VMware Certified Design Expert 6 – Data Center Virtualization
- Microsoft MCP (MCSA or Higher)
- Certification: equivalent to the CND-SP certification cited in the DoD 8570.01-M such as Security +, A+ CE, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, Cloud+ and CCISO.
- Active Secret Level Security Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.