The Managed Service Organization Network Operations Center, a multi-tenant network support team, located in Oak Ridge and Cookeville, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of Network Technician I. The MSO NOC supports SAIC's internal network, the associated ISMC network, and multiple client networks. We work with numerous teams and individuals via email, telephone, chat, and direct ticket submission. We support off hour's coverage for all customers, ensuring 24/7 seamless operations.
Applicants must be flexible to work any 10-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with possibility of overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is for a four-day, 40-hour workweek. We are seeking candidates who live in, or around, the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area in East Tennessee, the Cookeville area in Middle Tennessee, or remote technicians around the US.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Test, configure, and maintain network hardware and peripheral devices
- Assist End-Users is identifying and resolving network related issues
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Work in tandem with all coworkers, and other teams, to ensure efficient and prompt resolution of all issues
Education: Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field, or 3+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred (Net+ acceptable)
- CCNA Security/SEC+ qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Available for shift oriented work, in a 24/7 environment, and able to work holidays as needed
- Ability to acquire Public High Trust clearance
- Reliable means of transportation
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.