Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals who assist the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation space and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials for global missile threats.
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of a critical Government program. These engineering professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept, development, integration, and transition into an operational enterprise. Looking for working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a SE&I (Systems Engineering & Integration) Professional, you will provide System Engineering services across all engineering disciplines critical to developing and deploying the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies mitigation approaches.
- Conduct model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and modeling, simulation and analysis as needed
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of the program technical baseline
- Conduct mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
Team Member Positions:
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Integrator
- Requirements Engineer
- Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Engineer
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) Engineer
- Risk Management Engineer
- Schedule Management Specialist/Master
- Active TS/SCI clearance with ability to upgrade
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Relevant DoD experience
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience implementing agile software development techniques
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large Government systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- OPIR Mission experience is highly desirable
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.