SAIC is hiring a Software Configuration Manager
Location: Holly III & NAS Pax River, MD. No Telework or Remote Support
Position Roles/Typical NGTS Day:
- Develops, coordinates, and staff meeting minutes for all Configuration Management (CM) meetings between the government customer and contractors.
- Plans, implements, and maintains CM audits, CM libraries, Configuration Items (CI’s), and software baselines. Establishes and tracks baselines using CM tools.
- Manages version control of software deliverables to end user customers.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and staffing of contract deliverable requirements.
- Serves as the point of contact and liaison for project CM activities for BMS/NGTS.
- Tracks and communicates configuration status accounting for assigned projects to government customer.
- Supports development and maintenance of Configuration Management (CM) plans and procedures in accordance with government regulations.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, IT, etc.) required
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration pipelines, Atlassian and/or GitLabs administration and Jenkins, YAML, Docker, and other containerization and CI/CD technologies desired.
- Experience using distributed source control software (git) at an enterprise level
- Familiarity with shell scripting (both Windows and Linux preferred)
- Capable of getting clearance/certification as a DoD Data Transfer Agent (DTA)
- Able to conform to existing procedures and policies with repeatability, precision, and timeliness
- Able to contribute to critique, revision, and creation of new policies as needs arise
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. Ability to present briefings to government customer
- Proficiency with MS Excel, SharePoint, and other MS Office products
- Secret Clearance is required