SAIC is looking for a TS/SCI Cleared Systems Engineer ISR candidate to support Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I), Programs of Record and projects in San Diego, CA. We are looking for an innovative and creative individual to identify, maintain, and evolve Government-approved requirements with internal and external stakeholders and maintain these requirements in Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools. A successful Requirements Engineer will possess knowledge and experience with systems engineering, system concepts of operations, requirements development, and requirements management activities. This position provides technical assistance and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) services with existing and emerging infrastructures between ISR tools and Command and Control (C2) systems/capabilities. Specific tasks include the following:
- Assist in development and update of ISR systems technical documentation during system development including but not limited to Concept of Employment, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), training documents, white papers, and capability assessment reports
- Developing detailed documentation of client needs; gathers both functional and non-functional requirements for a complex Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance(ISR) system
- Analyze user needs to determine functional requirements and define problems and develop plans to address requirements
- Ensuring all operational, enterprise, program, and interface requirements are appropriately documented and maintained in Model-Based Systems Engineering software and in the DOORS database
- Elicit and refine customer requirements
- Provide analysis of capabilities and software tools
- Recommend technical solutions to access and exploit information available from sources to include SIGINT, IMINT, GEOINT, HUMINT, Measurement and Signal Intelligence (MASINT), and other sources as required
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments
- Use operational experience and technical expertise to collaborate with the Functional Team Lead for assessing requirements, designing, executing and developing technical solutions on ISR platforms (afloat and ashore)
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. 4 additional years of experience is acceptable in lieu of degree.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel; Must actively support and contribute to the Agile practices adopted by the development team.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
•Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
•Prior Military experience with IO/ISR systems
•TS/SCI with Current SSBI
- Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development/application testing, systems engineering and/or integration
- Experience using Atlassian tools Confluence and Jira
- Experience using the Rational DOORS requirements management tool
- Experience working with Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools, such as Enterprise Architect or No Magic CAMEO
- Software technologies: GALE/GALE-Lite and FADE/MIST; BUILDER, ESRI ArcGIS/ArcInfo, IMOM/IMOM Engineer, SEEFAR/JAMS, or similar physics based models
- IC data repositories: MIDB, NIODB, USELMS, EWIR, and/or MPED.
- ELINT, SIGINT, COMINT, and/or MASINT collection processes, capabilities, and technical parameters
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.