The SAIC Advance Integration Team (AIT), in El Paso TX, has an opening for a Senior IT Systems Engineer to support a large project requirement to build a suite of State of the Art Software capabilities for Corporate and Government use. The project includes requirement identification, use case refinement, and development of a large-scale digital engineering software suite that encompasses engineering artifact, logistics, warehousing, procurement, and program data.
Specific task of the Senior IT Systems Engineer will be to aid in the design and development of software solutions used by all members of a Limited Rate Production to Large Scale Production team. The work is specific to the SAIC El Paso location at 301 George Perry Blvd, El Paso, TX. General supervision and on the job training will be provided.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the design of new software
- Authoring new code
- Correct, convert, and/or modify existing code to meet specifications.
- Modify, troubleshoot and enhance functionality and performance of existing software.
- Develop software used for interfacing and testing systems.
- Maintaining server side hardware infrastructure
- Securing physical redundant backup of critical data
- Configuration and management of NAS devices
Programming OS/Environment/Languages in Use:
- Windows shell scripting \ PowerShell scripting
- Windows 7,10, Server
- Linux based systems
Candidate should be able to:
- Work independently, as well as with team members
- Be self-motivated
- Handle multiple duties/priorities on a daily basis
- Function effectively under deadlines
- Keep up in a fast-paced, agile work environment and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Convey information to non-technical staff effectively
- Voice opportunities for improvement effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 4 to 7 years of programming experience
- 1 to 3 Years of web development experience
- 1 to 3 Years of Database experience
- Candidate must know Object Oriented Programming
- Candidate must know Data Normalization and parsing best practice
- Candidate must be familiar with Hypervisors and Virtual Machines
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with system administration is a plus
- Familiarity with computer networks and corporate infrastructure is a plus
- Familiarity with digital engineering is a plus
- Familiarity in ISO standard, working to a defined process is a plus
- Familiarity with Military Standards is a plus
- Familiarity with Military Terminology is a plus
- Familiarity with windows task scheduling is a plus
- Familiarity with data redundancy practices is a plus