JOB ADD TITLE: TACNET FLEET ENGINEER LEAD WITH AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Engineer Lead (Minimum SECRET clearance required) in San Diego, CA
This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime (CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems. Support is provided to United States Navy (USN) Fleet Users/Administrators.
- Project management providing support, guidance, and direction to subject matter experts (SMEs) pertaining to distance support tasking and onsite technical assistance to US Navy ships for supported C4I systems (i.e., ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX-M, SCI Networks, VIXS, and WRBS)
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix course of actions (COAs) pertaining to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Occasional travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional off-hours support
- Perform weekly reporting duties or as required
- Collaborate with fellow leads on strategic initiatives to attain efficiencies and maximum effectiveness both within assigned functional area and across other functional areas
- Read daily reports and view status boards to monitor task progress, make assessments, and provide way forward to ensure task scope requirements are met while adhering to scheduling constraints
- Monitor daily progress of SMEs to ensure acceptable levels of productivity
- Provide mentorship and counseling to SMEs to support both technical and career growth
- Partake in and/or conduct interviews of prospective SMEs
- Partake in and/or perform annual evaluations of SMEs
- Partake in and perform periodic technical performance evaluations of SMEs with the intent on growing technical competency in respective C4I system (i.e., ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX-M, SCI Networks, VIXS, and WRBS)
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to develop workflows and processes, both internal to TACNET as well as cross-functional.
- Assist with developing SOPs and guides to facilitate repeatable processes and best practices
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Participate in integrated product teams (IPTs) and engineering/design reviews.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in support of engineering change requests or engineering proof-in events.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 5+ years experience OR 9 years of related experience with a HS/GED.
- 5+ years of Network/IT support within an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience in IT field
- Active DOD SECRET Clearance
- Current Security+ certification
- Current CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, or VCP, etc.
- Able to travel up to 10% CONUS/OCONUS travel on US Navy Ships and/or locations
- Experience with TACNET Programs of Record Systems: ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Project+, CAPM, or PMP certification
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.