SAIC is hiring a Cloud Engineer to become a part of the SAIC Cloud One Operations and Sustainment Dev Sec Team focused on customer support and site reliability engineering. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platforms common services offered for development, integration, test, and production. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States. Preference will be given to qualified candidates with proximity to Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base (Montgomery AL) or Hanscom Air Force Base (AFB).
The Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
Daily activities may include:
- Design AWS/Azure environments and topologies
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to AWS/Azure
- Deploy Hybrid AWS/Azure AD environments
- AWS/Azure security scanning
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Promptly respond to problem management and break fix tickets
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
- Share (rotational) duties to support classified (IL6) solutions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience is required
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification and in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with one or more or AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, F5, Palo Alto Networks
- Comfortable talking about all aspects and features of AWS/Azure.
- Demonstrated experience with customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and participation in project planning
- Experience preparing technical documentation including design, asset inventory, diagrams.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience supporting USAF or USA cloud or software development projects
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AF C1 Dev engineering, operations and sustainment
- Solutions Architect Professional certification
- IAT II Certification (or equivalent)
- CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
Active Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Note Top Secret meets SSBI requirements.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.