SAIC is currently looking to hire a Cyber Security Architect to joing the RITS program in a remote/telework capacity!
The Cyber Security Architect will be an integral member of the program's architecture team that drives modernization and transformation initiatives. The successful candidate will have a blended set of skills and experience across cloud and legacy / hybrid enterprise environments to include: IAM/IDAM, datacenter network and infrastructure security, DoD system/network boundary security (IAP / BCAP), and cloud (Azure / AWS). Recent experience translating business objectives and requirements into deployable Zero Trust, modern auth, and hybrid cloud solutions in an Agile/DevOps organization is ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to and actively supports Engineering Review Board and Transformation activities to ensure design and implementation of sound solutions
- Develops security designs and implementable solutions based on sound enterprise architecture practices
- Provides oversight, guidance, and design support of security related initiatives such as network segmentation, IAM, and cloud
- Provides substantive contributions to the program's strategic roadmap, technical direction, and development of program wide standards and best practices
- Develops and maintains security architecture artifacts (models, templates, and standards) as leverageable security capabilities in projects and operations
- Keeps current on developments and changes to threat environments to ensure that these are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
- Validates IT infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices, and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk where applicable
- Conducts or facilitates threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk and data associated with the service or application
- Coordinates with appropriate compliance and privacy officers to understand sensitive data within AIS/production systems and recommends controls to ensure this data is adequately secured
- Collaborates with other architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Participates in application and infrastructure projects to provide security planning advice
- Supports disaster recovery planning (DRP) and business continuity management (BCM) design and testing
- Reviews security technologies, tools and services, and makes recommendations to the broader technology team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
CLEARANCE: Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a full clearance; US Citizenship required
CERTIFICATIONS: DoD 8570 / 8140 IAT Level II (e.g. Sec +) AND IAT Level III preferred (e.g. CISSP)
- 5+ years of enterprise security experience supporting the DoD with technologies such as: IAM/IDAM, hybrid cloud, and infrastructure/boundary security in an RMF / ATO'd environment.
- Industry experience in security architecture, analytics, design, and development of enterprise solutions for multiple technology platforms
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cryptography / Key Management, Access Controls and Security Protocols. E.g. Multi-factor, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, XACML etc.
- Experience establishing a cloud/hybrid cloud security strategy in Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience with Agile delivery.
- Experience with security architecture and application development. You understand the value of deploying applications in a cloud environment and how to keep them secure.
- The ability to guide the development and design of security standard methodologies to all layers of the application stack.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.