The successful candidate for this position will lead business development strategy, customer engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for the Department of Homeland Services working collaboratively with the Homeland Security Business Unit Executive Team, Business Developers and Capture Managers.
The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue no pursue decisions. The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity.
- Develops and establishes relationships between the company, strategic partners and DHS contacts.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provides the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- Responsible for the maintenance of long-term relationships with DHS contacts to maintain a high level of satisfaction and increase SAIC revenues.
- Serve as the primary interface for all SAIC products and services by ensuring they understand DHS’s continuing business needs and align those needs with SAIC capabilities to provide full life-cycle solutions.
- Maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the sale.
- Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s).
- Bachelor's degree and eighteen (18) years or more of IT-related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' Business Development experience with DHS.
- Current knowledge of DHS, including existing customer contacts and industry peer relationships.
- Outstanding record of success in leading teams in winning large new business opportunities and improving bid and program profitability, with emphasis on capture strategy and proposal development.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DHS contracting, acquisition trends, customer buying behaviors and industry BD best practices (e.g., Shipley).
Position currently allows remote work but will be required ability to be onsite with customers in the DC/Maryland/VA area as Covid restrictions are adjusted.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.