SAIC is looking for an experienced Senior Subcontracts Analyst for a 100% remote role supporting the Defense & Civilian sector. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized services and occasional materials and equipment buys for subcontract systems in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General application of concepts and principles. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. Often refers to policies, procedures and practices for guidance.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
IMPACT: Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to correct.
LIAISON: Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience
- 6-8 years' experience in federal government contracting and government acquisition
- 1-2 years' Costpoint experience
- Working knowledge of FAR and Public Laws relating to subcontracting
- Ability to perform price and cost analysis
- Negotiation skills and experience as relates to all contract types including cost types
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and be flexible and responsive in a diverse, changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications and ability to communicate clearly, effectively and independently with senior management.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills and problem solving.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.